Today Medicare and Medicaid spend billions of dollars on emergency medical services. Because of the scope and size of the numbers involved and also the many nuances to proper billing and reimbursement the government, and in particular the OIG, have taken it upon themselves to audit ambulance providers on an increased and more regular frequency.
The variables described above and many more mean that today’s ambulance service owner / provider should seriously consider the benefits of outsourcing their current ambulance coding and billing operations. The benefits are numerous and typically include:
- Cost Savings
- Higher Collections %’s
- Risk Mitigation
- Better Reporting & Visibility to Your Operations
- Partnered Approach
Highlights of Edelberg & Associates Ambulance Coding & Billing Solution:
- Each EA coder is a certified ambulance coder (CAC) and an expert in their field.
- 48 hour turn-around-time from receipt of run data to completed coding.
- Code information can be made available to you (where you are doing your own billing) or can be sent to our in-house billing entity.
- Fully HIPAA compliant
- Our pricing model is a pay-for-what we do model.
- Decreases your reliance and exposure to critical employees involved in the revenue cycle that go out on leave, vacation, or have numerous unplanned absences.
- Full feedback loop to crews regarding documentation quality and any noted deficiencies.
- Near real-time reporting allows you to see status of all activity within your account and also look at quality summary data.
- Temporary ambulance coding for unplanned leaves
- Backlog coding services
- OIG & RAC Audit Defense
- Fully outsourced coding & billing solution